Monday, September 30, 2019

Author Review [Spencer Coffman]


I have to admit that I love a Jack of all trades. Being able to participate and contribute to life and living well in so many ways must be a gift. I received an email from a young man through my book review link and was immediately impressed by the list of titles that he included. After looking him up I was surprised at how young he was to have such a wide variety of published books on health, business, religion, social media, money, marketing, relaxation and more. With excitement at the popping titles I replied to Spencer Coffman to get a few review copies sent out. I chose, A Healthier YOU! 101 Powerful Tips For A Fitter, Healthier You!, Work Less Live More: 101 Productivity Tips For Getting Things Done So You Can Live Free and YouTube Takeover: How You Can Grow Your YouTube Channel Into A Regular Income.  Here's what I found when they arrived.

1. Quick easy read books 
2. Straight to the point information 
3. Good personal experience sharing 
4. Lots of useful information 

A Healthier You has good time tested proven health information that will be great for the younger generation who want to improve their health. Some of my favorite tips included 
#1 Stay hydrated
#25 Eat at home
#78 know your body

Work Less Live More is something I know most people want to do. This list is also a good guide to check in with sometimes to make changes about your work life that can ease tensions, help with organization and a nice check list to help you keep everything in perspective. Spencer also lists these tips into sections for easy reading like, Things to Do Before Work, Things to Not Do during Work, and Things That Home-Based Workers Can Do. All of it is good stuff, some you may know if you’ve already been working on creating this type of balance in your life and some may surprise you like Don’t Download and Install with Abandon.

YouTube Takeover was my favorite because this a social and business platform that I have been wanting to improve on. If you know nothing about YouTube, this book gives you advise on how to build from ground zero. Of course, to get this YouTube business going well, it’s going to take some investing and time, but Spencer gives you the 1, 2, 3 in an easy read that will get you off to a great start. 

I enjoyed these self-published books and know they can help a lot of people. However, as an author myself I would have paid a little more attention to the formatting, layout and cover design for a more professional look. The YouTube Takeover cover has the best design among the three books. The other two book covers are clearly amateur and could make a serious reader pass up the great information inside. I do recommend Spencer Coffman’s books, you can tell they are written with the best intentions to help those who are ready to help themselves.

K. Akua Gray
September 30, 2019
Houston, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment