Thursday, March 24, 2016

Dr. Akua's Book Review Policy

I love to read and review books on wellness and spiritual health. I have found that as a naturopath, teacher, spiritual adviser and writer that there are not very many book review avenues available for this genre. I have a great interest in the next generation of wellness writers. I love to encourage new writers to bring forth their skills as a continuing platform of research, experience and innovative ideas about health and wellness.

My policy for book reviews is to give a critically honest review based solely on my personal opinion. I do not take compensation for my book reviews. I specialize in self-help books including books on alternative health, alternative medicine, food and nutrition, men’s and women’s health, therapy manuals, herbology, meditation,  mind-body-spirit, new thought, spirituality, spiritual enlightenment, spiritual psychology, psychic abilities, psychic development, intuition, past life recollections, spiritual journey testimonies, spiritual encounters, reincarnation, energy work, Reiki, yoga, fitness, chakras, sacred sexuality, spirit guides, Shamanism, Kemetic Spiritual Science, African Spiritual Science, astrology, nature, the environment, and African History.

 I do not read: fiction novels, adult romance, horror, westerns, situation comedies, or mysteries. I also reserve the right not to reply to any book review request if I am not interested.

Review Scale:
I use the following scale for reviews, I use ankhs, the symbol of life.

5 ankhs - Excellent. Well researched, well written, professional presentation, innovative ideas, highly recommended for the subject matter.
4 ankhs - Very good. Knowledgeable of subject, good info for advance thinkers on the subject.
3 ankhs - Good. Basic information for beginners, Would recommend it to those just starting out on the subject.
2 ankhs - Acceptable. This book is common knowledge on the subject. Nothing new but still good info.
1 ankh Uh?. To stay on the positive side, I'm going to find at least one good thing to say about this book.

Formats:
I review finished books from publishers, self-published and indies in hard copy only. It can be a trade paperback or hard cover. I do not accept ebooks or manuscripts.

Review Time:
At my own time. NO GUARANTEES

FTC Disclosure:
I state where I obtain all my books at the end of each requested review. I sometimes receive books from authors and publishers for an honest opinion. I never receive compensation for these reviews.

To request a book review send a review copy to:
Akua Gray Book Review
P O Box 921
Missouri City, TX 77459

K. Akua Gray
March 24, 2016
Houston, TX


11 comments:

  1. Hi Akua,
    I would love to send you a book for review. My only request is that when you are finished with it that you pass it onto someone else who will read it, review it and pass it one to someone else. It is a Pay-It-Forward book. It is my hope that it reach as many people as possible and do as much good as possible. Please let me know how that idea feels to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Richard, You are welcome to send the review copy to the address above and I certainly will pass it along.

      Delete
  2. Dear Akua,

    I am an author and I am launching my book on Amazon These Days.

    The book is about Specifically "Essential Oils & Aromatherapy" and contains methods to Improve Health, Reduce Pain and Lose Weight

    By the way, It costs $ 0.99 at this moment, but I'm willing to offer for free to you in exchange for a honest review on Amazon

    Please if you are interested tell me and I will send you the book

    I leave here the link below for you to check

    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LSHA8F0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Daniel,
    I do would be happy to do a review for an Essential Oils book. I will accept a pdf version or a hard copy to the address above. Let me know which way you're going to send it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Akua,
    I pray you are doing well this evening. I am a new author and have just released my book One Minute to Ama-zen! A Christian Guide to Yoga. I was wondering if you would be willing to read and review my book. I am including a link as it is available on Amazon. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
    Kimberly
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H8WPLYC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greeting Kimberly,
    I would be happy to read and review One Minute to Ama-zen! A Christian Guide to Yoga. Please send my hard copy to the address above, a pdf copy to akua@alifeofpeace.org, or a link to a free Kindle version, not "Kindle Unlimited". I look forward to receiving your review copy book.
    Light and love,
    Akua

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again for agreeing to read and review my book.
      Be blessed.

      Delete
  6. Hi Akua! We love your reviews. Did you get the copy of Szen Zone that we mailed to you? Let me know.

    Thanks so much,
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Kelsey,
      I'm glad you are enjoying the reviews. More to come.
      Yes, in fact I have the Szen book in my briefcase now, coming soon. hanks for checking in.

      Delete
    2. yayy cant wait to hear what you think of it! Thank you!!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete